Sunday, March 17, 2013

MY JOURNEY FROM FLESH TO FREEDOM

Once Flesh was my sworn husband. My name was Kay Flesh. My husband compelled me to do that which is contrary to God's laws. Though against my wish, the husband is the head of the wife, i just followed. I protested against him, called him evil, and all sort of names but my boss will keep lording sin over me. Yes! The law is holy and the commandments holy and just and good, but my marriage to Mr Flesh was my eternal mistake. Afterall i was not allowed to choose my Husband, i would not have made this tyrant my head. Many a times we'll fight and fight in the home, but he's stronger than me. I desired to please God after my inward man, but 'evil' is present with me. I sought a law court to seek redress. I went with my strong reasons for divorce, but "the two, saith he, shall be one Flesh". Who will hear me out when the law that governs the universe says it is 'till death do us part'.



Then i said i'm eternally hopeless, and for the rest of my life, pleasing God will be a mirage. Oh wretched man that i am! Who will deliver me if it's possible. Mr Flesh like HIV is in my blood. We are eternally united.

Amidst this dilemma, i heard the voice of my beloved! Behold, He cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills (SOS2:8). If not for my parents (Adam/Eve) that married me to the Flesh family, the countenance of this Man (Beloved) is so irresistible and impressively charming! Oh "pleasing is the frangrance of your perfumes; your name is like perfume poured out. Take me away with you - let us hurry!" (SOS 1:3-4 NIV). I just wished he would break the law and snatch me away from this evil i'm matrimonially yoked to. But Mr Prince reverences the rule of law greatly. He won't even steal.

Suddenly, I heard Him called me. I jumped unhesitantly with great delight! I wasn't even sure if it's me He really called, but my heart has never been with me. Truly, Prince is the perfect choice of every right-minded virgin. So if He calls you, it's worth a million dollar! You are really lucky!

I was with Him in a moment at least to inhale the kingly breath that usually accompany His presence. Like a once-a-life-time privilege, i gazed at His dangling eyes and costumated eyelids. Oh My goodness! I was wholly electrified! My heart burned within me! "i was radiant. My face was not ashamed anymore". Mr Flesh must not catch us this way. But Prince would not transact shady deals. In Him is no darkness at all, i trust! So my thoughts spanned wide around many likely cause for this prestigious call. "could it be that...", "if this.. If that..." I don't seem to understand, but...

Prince finally whispered to me. I knew the feeling was mutual from the start. Ah!! "Cursed be the day i was born! Cursed be all that came to felicitate my birth into this misery! I said to myself, "it is better to die than leave without this Man to stay married to Mr Flesh. "Kill me! But kill me here!". However, He told me He has a strategy to work out my rescue which eyes have not seen nor ears heard. And that it must remain mysterious till it's accomplished. I can count on the intelligence of my Beloved to outwit the cleverness and subtilty of Mr Flesh. In the meantime, I have to return to my law-bound husband but this time, with hope, and with the happiness that Prince is in love with me.

The plan was death by crucifixion! I was condemned to be crucified for numerous offences. And as you know in the law, it's always you and your family and even your entire clan that bears the judgment of a member's sin. (Remember Achan, Koran, Dathan, Abiram, Gehazi's leprosy etc). I put the entire Flesh family and clan with all our children (including Little Lie who was still sucking life out of my breast, Covetousness, Hatred; plenty useless children i had for Daddy Flesh) under wrath, it was all planned!

My old man was crucified and sin was no more! I died too, nevertheless i live again. How? I was born again but this time by different Parents, a new Man. In fact, from womb i started to confess marriage to Prince, as if one parent will again yoke me to another Flesh. But thank God that which is born of Flesh is flesh, while i am born of the Spirit. I know now I am shapen in righteousness, and in holiness and perfect purity the Word and Spirit conceived me. Though i'm not under any duress from Prince to marry Him, I think i am constrained already by His love, knowing the great love wherewith He loved me, in that while i was dead in sins, He gave life to me again. Oh! By grace i am saved! (Eph 2:5).

Where is love for one another? I'll show you my Husband. Where is meekness, long-suffering, faithfulness? I will show you they are the fruit of my womb! If you think i don't have one of these, i'll tell you to be patient with me while i go into (spiritual) intercourse. "None shall be barren" is His covenant, so in a spiritual nine-month time, i'll show you the virtue.

Oh what a joy it is for me! I'm now purchased back to my dream Husband waiting for the redemption of the purchased possession. Hallelujah! Thank God it was successful! Now i'm alive unto God, fleshless (Rom8:9 6:6).

We love comments, please place a comment.
Why not share this with a friend? Click the corresponding logos for facebook, twitter or email. Blessed!;

No comments:

Post a Comment